Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:19:54 +0200
From:      Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net>
To:        "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mfi driver performance

Am 10.09.2012 um 14:57 schrieb Steven Hartland:

> How are you intending to use the controller?

As a =93launch-and-forget=94 RAID 1+0 sub-system using UFS (which =
reminds me to complain about sysinstall on volumes > 2 TB later).

> If you're looking to put a load of disk in for say ZFS have you tried =
flashing to a none RAID firmware so it uses mps instead of mfi?

That would be wasting a perfectly good brain; the on-board SAS =
controller would be sufficient for that.

Achim