Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:55:07 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Marta Resende <martarese@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Upgrade problems

On Monday 06 December 2004 01:21 pm, Marta Resende wrote:
> Does anyone here had recently updated "succecefully" to -stable ??
>
> Cause i'm trying for 5 days now, and i cant...
> All the update process runs well, except the boot, that runs normally
> to:
>
> Mounting NFS file systems:.
>
> after these, it blocks, ctrl-c and ctrl-t doesnt work, i have to
> force halt...
>
> no one with these same problem ??
> It's impossible, i've updated 6 times ....

Which stable? 5-stable requires NFSCLIENT and 4-stable requires NFS. Did
you update your kernel config file before you built your new kernel.
Upgrades with old config's are bound to cause problems.

I have NFS built into both 4-stable and 5-stable. They boot without any
problems. I also as a matter of principal don't permit auto mounts of
nfs systems.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart