Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:38:41 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building select ports for packaging on install media

El día Monday, February 11, 2013 a las 02:24:32PM -0500, Kurt Lidl escribió:

> What I'd like to do is augement that CD-ROM image with several
> binary packages, so I can just install them via 'sysinstall',
> rather than having to maintain a /usr/ports tree on every host
> and compile the same software again and again...
>
> I've found:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/article.html
> and
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/portbuild/article.html
>
> But those seem to revolve around building *all* the ports.
> I just want to do a couple of dozen of them, but I'd like to
> end up with something that will generate binary packages that
> 'pkg install' can deal with.

Just compile and install the required ports from /usr/ports on your
main host and create binary packages of them in some central directory
with:

for i in /var/db/pkg/*; do
   pkg=`basename $i`
   pkg_create -Rnb $pkg
done

Move the result to the CD/DVD and that's it

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru@unixarea.de     |  - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards