Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:32 -0600
From:      "Wayne, Ken" <WAYNEK@SCHNEIDER.COM>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Replacing Exchange Server

I am in the information gathering stage of what to use instead of MS Exchange
as my mail server and would appreciate any suggestions on which FreeBSD email
server you would recommend.

My requirements are simply to replace what I am currently doing with
Exchange.  I registered a domain that my ISP hosts and have a static IP
address from my ISP and an MX record in there DNS.  They queue my email for
me and Exchange sends an ETRN command to retrieve mail from the queue
periodically.  I have about 15 email addresses, and the clients are outlook
on Win '95.

It would appear that SendMail could do what I want, but is this the best mail
service (ease of use, support, features, etc...), does it support ETRN, and
can I use Outlook to read my mail?

Thank You, -Ken