Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:28:26 -0600
From:      Ted Spradley <tsprad@set.spradley.tmi.net>
To:        "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        Dexnation Holodream <dex@wankers.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using 2.2.5 kernel with 2.2.6?

I ran a 2.2.5 kernel on a 2.2.6 system for a while, from the time that
"make world" completed until I booted a 2.2.6 kernel.  During that time I
configured and compiled and installed a new kernel (the 2.2.6 one).
Actually, I did this on my NFS server, and it continued to serve my home
directory all the while the make world and kernel build was going on.  I
didn't logout until I was ready to reboot.