Date:      Thu, 24 Oct 1996 00:36:53 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        bigtime@west.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: user ppp on freebsd

In article <31332CE2.7FDB@west.net> you wrote:
: I've been having some problems getting the user ppp
: program working.  I have been able to connect to my service provider
: but after I enter my user-id and password it disconnects me with
: the message Authentication Failure?   I've been over the manual
: and documentation several times but can't seem to understand why
: I get disconnected?

: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

 In addition to your normal login procedure your service provider
 is probably trying to authenticate you (again) with PAP or
 CHAP and you haven't setup your authkey/authname pair.

 Turn on all debugging and watch a connection terminate.  Clip out
 the bit around the

10-21 15:54:26 [7620] Phase: Authenticate

 message and post here if you still can't get it working.

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  Finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for public PGP key