Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:34:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS

Hello,

We are trying to set up NIS here, and we already have the ORA Managing NFS
and NIS book.  The problem(?) is that in the book, it says to use ypinit
to build the maps and such...we have searched the system, and all
documentation we can find and haven't seen anything about ypinit on a
FreeBSD system.  Is there ypinit, or does one of the other yp-functions
such as ypserve or ypmkdb take over this function.  Any help would be much
appreciated.  TIA!

p.s. - FreeBSD 2.2.2-Release installed about a month ago from ftp, not the
cd (though that should have nothing to do with it.)

-Gary Margiotta
TBE Internet Services
http://www.tbe.net