Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 11:48:34 -0400
From:      Mike Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   php-mysql & gcc4.0.1

I've run into the following issue with compiling the php-mysql extension
with gcc4.0.1.  This is obviously a gcc4 error (the warning is new) but
I can't figure out what it's problem is.

The error I'm getting is:

/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd6.0/4.0.1/include/sys/types.h:171:
error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd6.0/4.0.1/include/sys/types.h:266:
error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers

The two lines in question are:

171: typedef __gid_t gid_t
266: typedef __uid_t uid_t

(wrapped inside suitable #ifdefs).  I think understand what the error is
complaining about -- it beleives gid_t/uid_t are already defined and
thus the typedef is illegal.  But I can't find where these types are
defined in the first place.

Has anyone else built PHP with gcc4 and seen this problem?

--Mike