Date:      Tue, 2 May 2000 17:28:49 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports projects

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 04:44:24PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> They're also in the process of fixing ports so packages can be built as
> non-root, by making the port install into a local directory and package
> there (this is basically the same thing as PREFIX-cleanliness)

Does it record the ownership and permissions that the files
ought to have?  E.g. so that setuid software works?  I guess you
could synthesize an mtree file and have your package installer
use it after installation.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *