Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 1998 06:09:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      freebsd@hadez.dyn.ml.org
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mbuf cluster problems

I've been having a problem here for the past few days and I can't seem to
find a solution.   Anyways, some reason my mbuf clusters are reaching 9929
or something close to that number and once it does the machine would
reboot.

I have about 1300-1500 HTTPD daemons going because of a very large website
thats run off of it.  I tried increasing NMBCLUSTERS in the kernel to
10500 but for some odd reason the mbuf clusters doesnt even reach the
limit I specify in the config.  It even reboots before the limit I
specified.

It seems the mbuf clusters aren't dieing off quickly enough, they jump
quite rapidly.  It seems it reboots from 20-40 minutes each time.

Im also running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a P2-350 (Dual p2 Supermicro board -
p6DGU), 768MB Ram.

Can someone please give me some advice?

Much appreciated.