Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:42:12 +0100
From:      Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Solmin Vladimir <vs@celicom.ru>
Subject:   Re: apache 2.2.22_8
References:  <5054BB1D.4080506@celicom.ru> <CAAdA2WOzATez6MYJauKXVF6QOpn7kpDigG2m0G2=WF%2BK=mk2KQ@mail.gmail.com> <CADLo839g-hEBtcnYHH0eJCpaTWigLg=wqPzBcVy9tLRHDgLWJw@mail.gmail.com> <CAAdA2WPuk9uSBKi%2BA6yg4BRno=EaVXDF0yBveA%2BPy=QYzzSX8g@mail.gmail.com> <CADLo83-w%2BkOANCrNNphXBDy0wfdvPCdqHX-jNc9pVvrOqiYkAQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAdA2WMtV0zSQPkWgiGHZvQsru3_0LVRyEkD3_aogVK-CzrfhQ@mail.gmail.com> <CADLo839B7m90gKxOb2bCYjdHVD5MQeMwZZ1Q7O8FQR7XjOjQyA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAdA2WPWnx02f43j7sv0bPuDXQTYH-mUXR84uWYgUkFbV9YiEQ@mail.gmail.com>

On 16 September 2012 10:37, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 16 September 2012 10:20, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > My machines are all identical too, except for parameters related to
>> > $hostname, DNS and passwords.
>> > I mostly used /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf before, then `make config`
>> > and
>> > now I believe I am gonna switch to /etc/make.conf but only where I must
>> > finely customize.
>> > One thing has crossed my mind now: What happens with make -DWITH_* in
>> > this
>> > new development of optionsNG?? I have manually built ports that way
>> > before.
>> > And what about those who want to use portinstall -m WITH_OPTx=1
>> > WITH_OPTy=1,
>> > etc?
>>
>> Still works fine for nearly all ports, but just for apache ports there
>> appears to be subtle problems with the logic since it's so
>> complicated.  That's why Olli chose to disable the WITH_ option style
>> for Apache, and I think it was the right decision.
>>
>> I would suggest you learn the new (just as simple) syntax and see how
>> you get on with it :)
>>
>> Chris
>

> I was thinking this optionsNG has already been adopted for all ports.
>
> Thanks for the examples though. They are good enough for me to learn the
> ropes..

Both syntaxes will work with old and new-style port OPTIONS.

Chris