Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 17:46:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>, <yanek@cigital.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Veritas Backup Exec UNIX agent

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> As I recall, Chris Dillon wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 May 2001, Michael VanLoon wrote:
> > > I've also been looking for a solution to this.
> > Get Veritas' much better (though undoubtedly more expensive) product
> > NetBackup instead of BackupExec.  It has a native FreeBSD 3.2 (works
> > fine on 4.X) agent that works flawlessly, and they also have a Linux
> > version of the _server_ if that fits your fancy.  They would hopefully
> > give you a deal since you already own Backup Exec.
>
> I've deployed NetBackup in an heterogeneous enterprise environment.
> Although a bit cryptic to set up, it is a =very= good product.

It can be a bit cryptic in places, but I didn't think it was hard to
set up at all.  I can see how others might run into snags, though, but
thats why you pay them for support. :-)

Their manuals seem to be quite good, too.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org