Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:15:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        taohuang <freebsd_tao@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Somequesitons about net!

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, taohuang wrote:

> I have two computer one is run freebsd. And I only have one
real ip. I want to connect the two computer to the internet.
Then must I have three net card? And use natd? Can I use ip alias?
Or how can I do for it!

> thanks

Please wrap your lines at 74 letters or so.

You need three network cards, two in the machine that connects to
the Internet and one in the other machine.  You compile IPFW into
the kernel and run natd on the machine connecting to the Internet.

Alternatively, the machine connecting to the Internet can do so
with a modem, if it's a phone-line connection; then you only
need one nic in it, and you can use ppp -alias instead of natd.

The natd man page is quite good on steps to take to do this.

Annelise