Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 1997 13:06:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        dstenn@fanfic.org (Dennis Tenn)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB AWE64 support

> > 	pnp 1 0 port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
>
> Is this supposed to be typed in on boot?  When it prompts you for options?
> I tried typing it in on boot and it wouldn't work.  Where am I supposed to
> put this info?

boot -c , enter the line-mode kernel config utility, and type

	pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5

to make the kernel override any PnP configuration made by the bios for
that card (i forgot to mention 'os enable' in the previous posting).

If you have updated /sbin/dset this modification will be recorded in
the kernel permanently, so you need to do it only once.

	luigi