Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 02:40:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   please tell me I'm wrong

I've been looking at why I can't unmount a filesystem on a device under devfs
seems that the superblock is stored under the mount point.
it is saved using the sync function of the filesystem that held the device..
so if the filesystem that held the device,
is devfs, it's asked to save the other filesystem private info (superblock)
but it wouldn't know a superblock if one came up and kicked it
in the shins!

I hope I'm reading this wrong, because that would indicate that
you can only mount a ffs filesystem from a device on a ffs filesystem..
(and expect it to work)

julian
(going to sleep)