Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 19:50:23 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Code Crusader still doesn't install files

Brandon Fosdick wrote:

> Kent Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> > >
> > > It doesn't install _any_ of its files. I cvsup'd right before trying the
> > > make install (~30 minutes ago). Any ideas? Something I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Do a search on PR 18033 and it has all of the patches you need to make
> > it work.
>
> Those patches don't work too well for me.
>
> The first patch just plain fails.
> The second one fails on hunks 2, 4, 5 after mentioning something about a
> previously applied patch.
> The last two work but still talk about previously applied patches.

I used them before they were sent in. What I have found to be the lack
of install problem is a separator error at line 172. It occurs about
30,000 lines back. It is cause by a "+<sp><tab>mkdir" line in patch-ac
at line 87. You need to delete the space after the plus and do a make
clean, make, and you should be able to do a make install. Then, you
should have a /usr/local/bin/jcc.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html