Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 1999 00:16:43 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        Lauri Laupmaa <mauri@spiral.inspiral.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stuck with ~year old current

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Chris Costello wrote:

> > I have -CURRENT from 16 nov 1998 and stuck badly...
>    Read all of the -current mailing list starting in 17 November
> 1998 all the way up to today, and then read /usr/src/UPDATING.

No, it does not work. Currently it is impossible to upgrade from 3.1 to
todays current without having bootblocks and loader compiled/taken from
some other todays current system.

Issues from top of head gcc!=egcc - bootblocks and loader cannot be
compilied.

Loader v0.6 cannot load current kernel.

Only alternative to get these from outside is to upgrade graduall.. but
who knows which intermediate source repository dates are good for it?

best regard,
taavi