Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:50:46 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rl0 autoselect bug

* Justin Stanford <jus@security.za.net> [20001030 15:05]:
=>The card's seem to perform perfectly fine once ifconfig has been used to
=>force the cards to 10mbit - this just has to be done on every boot.

Then it is possible to force that in rc.conf (if you're not gonna buy
another card!) using -mediaopt. I've seen very informed comments in this
list that rl are not good cards. Pls search the lists

=>
=>Is this a bug in the driver, anyone? I would think so, as the card works
=>fine under Linux...

Maybe it is..I cannot attest to that either..

=>--
=>Justin Stanford
=>082 7402741
=>jus@security.za.net