Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:04:29 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Wensing?= <andre@wensing.org>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec ASC-1405 (Marvell 88SE6440)

Hi,

Just a quick question: Will the Adaptec ASC-1405 SAS/SATA adapter (non-RAID)
ever be supported by FreeBSD? Adaptec claims support but they don't have a
driver.
Maybe the linux sourcecode might be used, but I have no idea if that would be
possible (and I don't have any programming skills whatsoever).

It is a nice card for low-cost FreeNAS-systems that don't need RAID-cards and
just use software-RAID (like mine).

The controller-chip that's used on this card is probably also used on other
cards (don't know what other cards), so maybe that might give some clues...

André Wensing