Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:36 -0800
From:      "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
To:        =?gb2312?B?zfW0urfn?= <fengdreamer@126.com>, "freebsd-net" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Bug discussion:Tcp snd_nxt will not be increased.

Hi,

Could you please tell us what version you are running?

> If the tcp_output just have some error, for example: when alloc mbuf,
> it returns NULL, and then the snd_nxt number will not be return to
> normal.
> If just in this time, SYN Ack arrives, freeBSD can't handle this
> situdition.

I have seen a related issue in older versions that I fixed, but it's =
from=20
the SYN+ACK perspective. If my memory serves me right, local listener =
receives
a SYN packet, transmits the SYN+ACK, but memory allocation fails, so the
SYN+ACK packet was never transmitted onto the wire, however, the SEQ =
by 1. As a result of SEQ update, the retransmitted SYN packet from the =
other=20
end were discard as duplicates, eventually the connection times out.

-- Qing