Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:08:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Josh Tiefenbach <josh@ican.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Subject:   Re: Is /usr/src/sys self-contained?

Hi Josh Tiefenbach;  On 23-Jul-97 you wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 1997 at 06:27:22PM -0700, Jaye Mathisen wrote:
> >

> > ie, let's say I want to mess around with the DPT driver, but I CVSUP
> > regularly, so I don't want cvsup to wipe out all the good stuff
> > I get when I apply the DPT patches...
> >

> Just watch it - the latest rev of the DPT driver (1.1.9 i think) goes off
> and
> sticks stuff outside of /usr/src/sys. I dont have an exact list handy.

huh?  You must be talking about usr.sbin/dpt.  You can safely chop it off.
For now. later (soon) it will hold the dptmgr stuff.

Use cvs add foo to add unique files
Use cvs update -P -d to checkout/merge
Use cvs diff -c -N to make a new patch against the standard tree.

All the above wisdom is not mine.  Justin Gibbs is to blame :-)

Simon