Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:10:28 -0600
From:      "Ken Wills" <kenwills_lists@yahoo.com>
To:        "Bob Udderwein" <budd@netcom.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux vs. FreeBSD

From: "Bob Udderwein" <budd@netcom.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Monday, December 20, 1999 3:56 PM
Subject: Linux vs. FreeBSD

I'll bite on a few of these. There really isn't a 'correct'
operating systerm - I would think the BSD license
would be a major advantage in the embedded world.

Alpha and x86 (http://www.freebsd.org)

> Do we have to share with the world the source

Nope. Many choose to, but the license says you can
lock away the source if you want. The GNU license
is very different, though - you'll have to make source
available, if you distribute modified sources/binaries.

With regard to the versions of Kerberos and Bind, I
would suggest you either (a) install a machine and check,
or (b) look at cvsweb on http://www.freebsd.org