Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:48:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   strange behaviour on Miata

Hello,
I noticed a strange behaviour on Miata (FreeBSD-4.4 stable).
If I Decompress large tar.gz archives (-tvzf) I see the lines of the
screen stopping from time to time every 30 seconds, then the lines keeps
back scrolling. Later I noticed the same behaviour using xosview. The cpu,
mem, i/o and network stats are like to be frozen every 30 seconds then
they keep running again and stopping again after 30 seconds, freezing for
1 second then again it continues running. When xosview freezes every 30
seconds there is a small but visible CPU peak (every 30 seconds).
All this looks like weird. What it could be ??
thanks

Rick