Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:07:41 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Subject:   About EIDE CD-R support in FreeBSD-2.2.8 vs 3.1-STABLE?

Hello,
I just have a generic question for those of you out there who have CD-Rs on
their FreeBSD machines.  How strong is the support for CD-R's in 2.2.8, is
it any better in 3.1?  See I have a Mitsumi EIDE 8x/4x CD-R drive that is
currently in my windows machine.  I was considering putting the drive in my
2.2.8 box.  I wanted to gather some information 1st before I actually made
the move, if it's not worth the time and trouble, or if I should wait until
I upgrade to 3.1, I wanted to find this out ahead of time.

Also, just to clarify, from reading other postings on the list, and
elsewhere, it appears that I should be able to burn standard ISO-9660 (of
course) and also the Joliet (for windoze) and also there is a format for
unix long file names (redrock?).

Thanks,
Chris