Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 15:14:47 -0500
From:      Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lock Problems?

FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Tue May  8 03:35:59 CDT 2001 root@edgemaster.zombie.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/EDGEMASTER

Within the last few days, I've started experiencing problems with the
procmail 3.15.1 port.  I'm using it as my MDA from postfix-20010228.1.
I've got stuff in ~/.procmailrc, such as:

:0:
* ^To:.*BUGTRAQ@SECURITYFOCUS.COM
boxes/bugtraq

However, I've started to notice some bleeding of messages.  Some messages
were not ending up in boxes/freebsd-stable or boxes/freebsd-ports.  This
got me curious, so I turned on VERBOSE and LOGFILE.  This is what I'm
seeing:

procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=Mail/"
procmail: Assigning "PGPLOG=autopgp.log"
procmail: Assigning "MY_NAME=Sean Kelly"
procmail: Assigning "MY_ADDR=smkelly@zombie.org"
procmail: No match on "^Subject: *\/(send|get) (pgp|gpg|public)( key)?"
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
procmail: Extraneous locallockfile ignored
procmail: Match on "^To:.*BUGTRAQ@SECURITYFOCUS.COM"
procmail: Locking "boxes/bugtraq.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=boxes/bugtraq"
procmail: Opening "boxes/bugtraq"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock                    <---- ???
procmail: Error while writing to "boxes/bugtraq"   <---- ???
procmail: Truncated file to former size
procmail: Unlocking "boxes/bugtraq.lock"
procmail: No match on "^Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG"
procmail: Bypassed locking "/var/mail/smkelly.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/smkelly"
procmail: Opening "/var/mail/smkelly"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock