Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 1995 13:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI only halfway committed to 2.1.0, boot floppy?

I just supped the latest -stable, and it looks like the IDE CD-ROM support
is only halfway committed.  Slightly old versions of atapi.c, atapi.h, and
wcd.c are there, as well as the appropriate entries in files.i386 and
conf.c, but wd.c hasn't been patched with the appropriate "#ifdef ATAPI"
sections.  I'm not sure if the right entry is in /dev/MAKEDEV since I
can't seem to find it in the source tree!  Can someone please commit the
latest (ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/wcd18a.tgz) ATAPI driver
to GENERIC, now that the IDE probing problems have been fixed?

Also, Jordan, weren't you going to make an ATAPI boot floppy for FreeBSD
2.1.0?  If so, it's not in the latest snapshot, and I was hoping to be
able to test it out before release.  Thanks in advance!

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL