Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:19:17 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        "Matt M." <matt@boda.virtualave.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lynx build issue

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 06:39:42AM -0700, Matt M. wrote:
> Just wondering when this will be fixed, and what's causing it. This has been
> an issue for a few days, even after cvsuping ports a few times.
>
> When i try to build, i get:
>
> ===>  lynx-2.8.2rel.1 is forbidden: Riddled with buffer overflows
> exploitable by a malicious server to execute code as the local user..

Obviously, not until the Lynx people clean up their act and get rid of the
buffer overflows. This has been in the ports tree for several weeks, and
the ports went into 4.0-RELEASE marked FORBIDDEN like this.

I highly suggest using a different console browser, such as w3m.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>