Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:24:19 +0200
From:      Alexandre <axelbsd@ymail.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

> After attempting unsuccessfully to update KDE4 via "portmaster", I
> found a number of errors printed out when using "pkg_version-vIL=3D".
>
> I eventually used "portmanager" to update the KDE4 port successfully;
> however, I am still receiving the following error messages.
>
> These ports need updating:
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> pkg_version: corrupted record (pkgdep line without argument), ignoring
> koffice-kde4-2.3.3_3                <   needs updating (index has 2.3.3_5=
)
> postgresql-client-8.2.21            <   needs updating (index has 8.2.22_=
1)

> I have not found a way to ascertain which ports contain the corrupted
> records. Originally, there were over a dozen of them but "portmanager"
> fixed most of them for me. How can I determine what ports are still
> damaged so that I might correct them.
>
> --
> Jerry =E2=9C=8C
> jerry+fbsd@seibercom.net

Hi Jerry,

Have you tried this :
# portmaster --check-depends
# portmaster -Da

Source :
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/pkg_version-corrupted-record-pkgdep-line-witho=
ut-argument-ignoring/

You can have a look on this thread, where Doug Barton (portmaster's author)
explain another way to resolve this problem.
http://groups.google.com/group/lucky.freebsd.ports/browse_thread/thread/e20=
54d1cfadc0e3a/66c038dfffb36d40?lnk=3Draot&pli=3D1

Regards,
Alexandre