Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 06:22:52 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cool, cvsup works and xfce is fixed!

I had been having problems with xfce for a few days. The windows were
coming  up
with no title bar, so they were unmoveable, not resizeable, and couldn't
be made to
go into the background. And the mouse click menu's would not come up
with a click
of the mouse, and the page would not page. What a mess.
Someone here, I forget now, suggested I try cvsup'ing the ports tree and
reinstalling.
I hadn't tried cvsup before, I guess it looked a bit too complicated.
But I read the section
in the book, the Complete FreeBSD, read the stuff on the FreeBSD.org web
site and the
stuff on the FreeBSD diary web site and by golly, it worked, the first
time, without any
hastles.
I was able to reinstall xfce (3.4 now, not 3.3), and 'all's well in la
la land', well, my little
corner of it.
Thanks to all the people responsible for the above mentioned sites, and
for the one's who
take the time to help others here on this list.

Chip
www.wiegand.org
Alternative Operating Systems