Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:12:34 -0500
From:      "Kevin McCormick" <kmccorm1@stevens-tech.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ESS Maestro/2E, Compaq Armada E500

By the way has anyone had success getting sound to work with a Compaq
Armada, or any other notebook PC with an ESS Maestro/2E.  I have added
'device pcm' to the kernel, done 'sh MAKEDEV snd0, and I still get no sound.

When I try mpg123, I get 'device busy', and in GNOME I just get no sound (I
have also tried esound and that does not work).

In my dmesg it properly recognizes the device as pcm0, but it doesn't work!!

I'm lost!

Thanks for your help,
Kevin McCormick
kmccorm1@stevens-tech.edu