Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 2004 01:03:08 +0100
From:      Aurelien Nephtali <aurelien.nephtali@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radeon + DRM error with Xorg 6.8.1

Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 11:30 +0100, Aurelien Nephtali wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>With the new Xorg version (6.8.1) I got these errors while starting :
>>
>>error: [drm:pid551:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without
>>lock held
>>error: [drm:pid551:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 551 using kernel context 0
>>
>>X works fine but it seems there are errors somewhere... I'm just reporting !
>>My card is a ATI Radeon Mobility IGP340M (supported by Xorg).
>

> You need AGP support in order to use the DRI with that chipset, and
> that's the obscure error you get if you don't have it.  I've posted an
> attempt at an AGP driver for that chipset at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/75251
> As I don't have the hardware myself, expect it to not work, and to have
> to fix it yourself if it doesn't.

OK, as promised it doesn't work.
I'm trying to get it working but it I would like to know first, what is
the PCI entry that need to be attached :

hostb0@pci0:0:0:        class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0xcab21002
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
     device   = 'RS200 CPU to PCI Bridge'
     class    = bridge
     subclass = HOST-PCI

or

none2@pci1:5:0:  class=0x030000 card=0x002a103c chip=0x43371002 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
     device   = 'RS200M Mobility M6 (U2)'
     class    = display
     subclass = VGA

(the second one is attached as acpi_video when available)

--
NEPHTALI 'dak' Aurelien
TEK2 - Promo 2008