Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2020 05:57:17 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        micchie.gml@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Slow PXE boot

----Security_Multipart(Wed_Feb_26_05_57_17_2020_667)--

Michio Honda <micchie.gml@gmail.com> wrote
  in <CA+Sc9E0NNi8ViwXCn-Hif2_RQOnu11RLEMRUT2kOAaouLNySvQ@mail.gmail.com>:

mi> Hi,
mi>
mi> I had a similar problem before, and the solution was the use of pxeboot
mi> file taken from FreeBSD 10 as suggested by Hiroki.

 I could not reproduce this by using my boxes after all, but replacing
 pxeboot with the older one was useful to gain the normal speed at
 that time probably because of difference between new (11 or later)
 loader's nfs client and the old one.  It was a problem sending a lot
 of duplicated packets for some reason, not just a matter of the
 buffer size.  And the server side was Linux.

 Have anyone else also experienced this kind of very slow PXE booting?
 It may be specific to using a Linux NFS server.

-- Hiroki