Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:40:27 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com
Subject:   Re: top takes excessively long time to start on RC1....

top -u brings it down to about 40 seconds, on average (max was ~42, min
~38), 6 run sample.

Peter is right. This is 'stock' from the 4.4RC1 ISO.

I'll be able to collect some more data when I get home this evening from my
other test machine. I'll be able to [dis]prove whether its machine specific,
I'll be able to play with code and/or build it to profile it, and if I track it
in to the kernel, I'll be able to slap a debugger on it.

	-Brian