Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:20:12 -0400
From:      R Richard Summerhill <rrsum@summerhill.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zpools disappearing on reboot with 13.1Beta3

On 3/29/22 16:06, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2022 15:37:19 -0400
> Rick Summerhill <rrsum@summerhill.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm running a server under 13.1Beta3 and it has 2 zpools, one a mirror
>> and the other a raidz1.  When I reboot the server, both pools disappear
>> but come back when imported.  Do I have something set wrong on the server?
> 	Does your /etc/rc.conf contain
>
> zfs_enable="YES"

Yes, it does.  Let me give you a bit more info.  I rebuilt 13.1Beta3
with just the mirror pool.  Rebooted several times to test everything
and it came back correctly each time.  Then I added one of these 5x1
port multiplier arrays to an esata port (this is one of my test boxes)
and rebooted.  All the disks were there (they are all labeled
appropriately), and the mirror zpool (which uses the labels) was not
there.  Importing it, however, brought it back.  Then I created the
raidz1 pool on the multiplier array.  Both pools showed up with a good
status.  On rebooting, the disks are there and the pools are not, but on
importing, both come back.

Not that the multiplier array has been working fine under 13.0Release
and ZFS.