Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:26:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        toasty@home.dragondata.com (Kevin Day)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, shimon@simon-shapiro.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiler Problem in 64bit math?

> I believe this is illegal though... Doesn't ansi say that by adding the
> 'register' modifier, the type/size can't silently change?
>
> 'register' is a suggestion, if it can't do it, it's just supposed to ignore
> it, so why is this happening? :)

I don't know.  Is it an Intel (32 bit) or Alpha (64 bit) compiler?

I have to know if quad/"long long" is supposed to be a register type
or not to be able to give you an answer.

I'd also suggest trying 2.8.1, if it's not already 2.8.1 that's
being used, since it fixes significant bugs in the 2.7.2 we are using
by default.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---