Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 22:03:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Michael Haro <perl@netmug.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS and QUOTA questions...

Hi, I setup YP/NIS on a 2.2.5 machine the other day.  I am trying to use
the login.conf file on a slave machine but it seems like the class field
isn't being passed over NIS.  Is this the case or have I done something
wrong?  The class works properly if the user logsin on the NIS master
machine.  The login.conf files are the same on both the master and the
slave.  I also ran cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf.
Is this just not possible as the class field isn't supported by all the
different unix OSs?

Also, do quotas on FreeBSD file systems work over NFS to other FreeBSD
systems?  What is the difference between the option rw,userquota and
rq,userquota?

One more question...
Does the latest version of sendmail, 8.8.8, support quotas?  I remember an
older version required somebody to hack the source.

Thanks,
Michael