Date:      Mon, 08 May 2006 08:55:56 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build bash3.1 during portupgrade -a

Michael D. Norwick wrote:
> Garrett Cooper wrote:
>

>> Michael D. Norwick wrote:
>>

>>> freebsd 6.1 RELEASE Compaq Proliant SMP PII-200 (smp modified kernel)
>>>
>>> ...snip
>>> /usr/ports/distfiles/bash from ftp4.us and re-ran portupgrade -a.  It
>>> stopped again with the same error.  What is happening here?
>>>
>>> => MD5 Checksum mismatch for bash/bash31-010.
>>> => SHA256 Checksum mismatch for bash/bash31-010.
>>> ...snip
>>> And then;
>>>
>>> => Attempting to fetch from
>>> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/bash-3.1-patches//.
>>> fetch: bash31-010: local modification time does not match remote
>>> ...snip
>>>
>>> stop
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> Switch your ports cvsup server in your cvsup file, delete the patch
>> file, re-cvsup, then try portupgrade again.
>> -Garrett
>>
> Per the previous suggestion I built and installed portmanager, deleted
> the distfiles tree and started again.  So far it is still moving along
> without error.
>
> Thank You for the help
>
> Michael
Guess I was too late then. I noticed this error was consistently
occurring, so what I did was completed what I suggested above and
everything worked. The reason for having to do that was because a) the
CVSUP server I was sync'ing with for ports apparently was not in service
any more, and b) I downloaded the patch directly from the bash site and
that didn't seem to have worked, but instead brought up the before
mentioned error about the modification times being different.
-Garrett