Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 1996 20:15:43 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        lite2@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs tree

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Peter listed various choices.
>
> There's one more, that core will probably sanction in the next couple of days
    :
> import the entire boatload into -current and get it over with.

I dont know that it's actually ready to do that, is it?  Last I heard, it
was a large patch relative to an older -current, and needs a fair bit of
work to bring it up to date, as well it needed the NFS merge.  As far as I
remember, that's what the lite2 scratch tree was for, to let Doug and Jeff
merge their two parts together so that it can be integrated into -current
without leaving the tree without NFS for a week or so.

But still, I'm in favour of getting into the main tree asap once it kinda
works.  We have to give the public a fair bit of warning that we're going
to do this I think.

> same for smp btw.

Yeah, the SMP stuff is largely #ifdef, so it's nowhere as big a deal as
lite2.  The smp stuff is on the fringe of the kernel, the lite2 code goes
to the heart of it.

> Poul-Henning

Cheers,
-Peter