Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:45:50 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
Cc:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seg Faults running Balsa, Pan, and Mozilla under latest GNOME, but  KDE2.2 works fine

John Merryweather Cooper wrote:

> Very little.  The seg_faults seem to be occuring somewhat randomly in
> ImLib and Gnome.5 with references to some functions from libc_r.  The
> faults only seem to occur on heavy load situations.  The same
> applications are rock-solid under KDE2.2 (I'm using it right now--having
> to restart one's mail agent four or five time to read one e-mail is a
> little hard to take).  If anyone with the skill is interested, I'd be
> happy to debug build any/all of the necessary components.

You don't have the pth port installed do you?  I had a port install that
awhile back and it destabalized every threaded port I built after that
until I finally realized what was happening.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer