Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 21:20:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOS emulator

Steven Erickson writes:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 1995, John Selph wrote:
> >
> > Is there a DOS emulator for FreeBSD?  (Not Windows)  Either
> > commercial or non-commercial ok.
> >

> 	Yes they do but I wouldn't take it. I rather use DOS/FreeBSD paritions.

If you have a machine with a DOS partiton, that is a viable
alternative.

OTOH, if you just have a *nix box and you need DOS for something,
like running the self extracting .EXE format that is so popular
with DOS, the very same format the IRS chose for storing tax forms
on their web site, then pcemu may just work fine.  Took me 5 minutes
to build it, uncompress my *&@#!$ tax form and get on with my life.

--
John Capo