Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 1995 00:03:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IBM THINKPAD

On Wed, 12 Apr 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> do we have support for this....?
> I heard rumours that it has PS2 style interfaces
>
> do we have any support for the little red button-mouse-thing?

I installed FreeBSD on a friend's ThinkPad 500.  The PointerStickThingee
is psm0.  Everything works, except for the annoyance that the detachable
disk drive has to be attached at boot to be probed, and if it is detached,
it will never function properly until it is reprobed.  My friend runs X on
it in four megs of RAM, so it takes a fairly good beating and it has had
no problems to date.

Marc.

--
You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in a field full of
horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk and did the clue