Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:27:39 -0500
From:      "M. Poulin" <mpoulin@honk.org>
To:        root@isis.dynip.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Word Perfect Splitting Needed ****** URGENTLY *********

At 06:30 PM 3/12/99 +0300, root@isis.dynip.com wrote:
>On 12 Mar, M. Poulin wrote:
>> You can download a copy of Wordperfect in 7 small files at

http://www.download.com/pc/software/0,332,0-42505-g,1000.html?st.dl.redir.tx
t.tdtl

>> This site is directly linked from Corel's linux site, so I am assuming that
>> it is legal to obtain a copy of it from there.
>
>Thanks very very much.

You're very very welcome.  Glad to help.

>Tel SysOps on this, and other FreeBSD lists, to
>
>S T O P    I N T I M I D A T I N G
>
>innocent users, and for God's sakes please try at least once not to
>give a negative answer or a negative attitude to newbies, or pros alike.
>
>DDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have to disagree with you on this - first of all, I don't think that it
was Sue's intention to "intimidate" anyone; her main concern was to let
everyone know that the lists have some strict rules regarding licenced
software, and if you don't follow the rules you might get kicked off the
list.  I would take that as a friendly warning, not a threat.

I don't think that Sue or anyone else is trying to be negative towards
newbies, but since she is the moderator, it is her job to inform people of
the rules of the list.

M.