Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2013 04:28:41 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Notes; Lenovo T400

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 13:31:49 +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
 > In article <20130202161405.F87033@sola.nimnet.asn.au> you write:
 > >On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:35:36 -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
 > > > Hi,
 > > >
 > > > It turns out my Lenovo T400 issue? It was because in /etc/sysctl.conf
 > > > I had this:
 > > >
 > > > # hw.acpi.reset_video=1
 > > >
 > > > .. don't do that.
 > >
 > >Took some hunting to find your original Nov 27 post, boiled down to:
 > >
 > > > The resume results in a blank screen - whatever happens causes the
 > > > video to not fully recover..
 > >
 > >So may we assume your T400 now resumes properly?  Reason I'm interested
[..blah..]

 > >Care to comment on what works on yours, and what doesn't?
 > >
 > >I have to assume you've got wireless going :)  What card? Are there any
 > >issues with BIOS blacklists for wireless cards?
 >
 > I _think_ all Lenovos have bios whitelists for wifi cards.

Thought I heard that too, but thought Adrian might suggest ath card/s ..

 > >  This one came with:
 > >iwn0: <Intel WiFi Link 5100> mem 0xfd6fe000-0xfd6fffff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3

.. and wondered anyway how iwn might be going on these?  Native?

 > >I booted it from an i386 9.1-RELEASE disc1 and have a normal and verbose
 > >dmesg and sysctls dev.cpu and hw.acpi if anyone's interested, though of
 > >course all the HDA logging has chopped off the head of the verbose dmesg
 > >with its standard 64K buffersize (61753 bytes recorded) - grrr!
 > >
 >  Btw you should be able to set kern.msgbufsize to something bigger
 > from the loader prompt...

I know, and should have remembered needing to do so.  On the first boot
when saving dmesg.boot etc I'd noticed hda sound listed.  I just saved
what was there on the second, verbose boot then got on with pulling it
to bits - and two days of uncertainty that it'd ever boot again :)

Thanks, Ian