Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annnonce: Transparent proxy patches

> Chrisy Luke <chrisy@flix.net> posted a mixed set of patches
> recently that added the ability to do transparent proxying
> to FreeBSD, however there were several shortcomings.
> 1/ In particular you really needed 2 machines or to match 2 different
> rules to be able to do some redirections.
>
> 2/ They were part of his 'multipath' patches.
>
> I have separated them out and updted them for -current.
> I have also put in some code to allow local redirection of outgoing
> packets.

Hummm... this has some other interesting applications, one could control
which outbound connection was used from a multi-homed border router based
upon source ip address it appears:

ipfw add 2 fwd eth0 ip from X.X.X.0/24 to any
ipfw add 3 fwd eth1 ip from Y.Y.Y.0/24 to any

or does the code have this ability?  And/or do you need to be
more specific about protocols/ports?

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX - (RWG25)                   rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD