Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2012 01:31:38 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   XENHVM ada -> ad ?

Hi,

I have the feeling I'm missing something very basic here:

I have a 9-STABLE-amd64 (as of a few minutes ago, but I see the same
thing with older versions) running as guest on Xen HVM (APIC, ACPI on).

I can boot the GENERIC kernel, but trying to boot the XENHVM kernel
results in
 trying to mount root from ufs: /dev/ada0p2 [rw] ...
 mountroot: waiting for device /dev/ada0p2 ...
 Mounting from ufs:/dev/ada0p2 failed with error 19.

I can:
 mountroot> ufs:ad0p2
and it breaks there, of course.

Do I need to translate from 'ada' back to 'ad' if I use XENHVM? Why?

Thanks,

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu@FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID F0808380