Date:      Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:57:24 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        TooMany Secrets <toomany@toomany.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.6 and FreeBSD-STABLE 6.2

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

> First, excuse me my top-posting, but... Is this the correct list for
> this mail about a Firefox problem?

It's not a wrong list, but freebsd-gnome (in Cc:, f'up2 set), would have
been even better (they maintain the firefox port as you can see from
the Makefile or by running `make maintainer').
>=20
> 2007/8/28, TooMany Secrets <toomany@toomany.net>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > My system:
> >
> > uname -a
> > FreeBSD klingon.vlex.com 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Sun Aug 12
> > 18:52:17 CEST 2007
> > root@klingon.vlex.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KLINGON  i386
> >
> > Firefox version port:
> > firefox-2.0.0.6,1   Web browser based on the browser portion of Mozilla
> > firefox-i18n-2.0.0.6 Localized interface for Firefox
> >
> > Other ports:
> > nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.4_2
> > linux-flashplugin-7.0r69
> >
> > Firefox runs fine, it doesn't hang or anything about. But the problem
> > comes when I open any url, and I can't move up or down the page, or go
> > to another tab. The firefox make a "lag" and I can't make anything.
> > Times it lasts more, and other times it lasts less time, but is very
> > very annoying, because I use it in my workstation at work.
> >
> > Anybody could help me, please? And excuse me my bad english...

Something seems broken on your system. Did you try an rebuild firefox
(maybe even with all its dependencies)?

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=
org