Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:17:51 -0500
From:      "George M. Ellenburg" <gme@inspace.net>
To:        "Mark Segal" <mark@club-web.com>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: upgrading --> 2.2.5 continued

Mark,

I upgraded last week with no problems.  The only major problem I experieced was a net slow-down (~5.8kbps transfer rate) which made an hours process last 3.  My server was in single-user mode during this process so all mail was being stored on my secondary MX hosts.

You will most definitely want to recompile your kernel.  My kernel only has support for the hardware I have installed in my servers, plus a couple of options (mainly quotas) and sits around 800kb.

Good luck!