Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:01:15 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no X after installing xorg + xfce
References:  <20110918042853.3D61C106566C@hub.freebsd.org> <CAGH67wSBf5rikMXh18Cviz6f%2BsuwxsqfXp%2B%2Bonm6aEBYJ5VJ1w@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ5UdcN_-p2rjbqcUnBv28BOikpF3KRdDJ0obiTCWt9pssS51g@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ5UdcMsVwE9Lf2coEa5Gc=TcB95LBfPgASykta_UWCdNEJ91g@mail.gmail.com> <CAON0-RfOkki2LpzDcyaONiNF30r1BU=dDr4Ry0bhuF%2BMv7mi3Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ5UdcN2HK6X6FxBhrqA8rqR82azo4rSdNP4t02=Xn5AL1Z72g@mail.gmail.com> <CAFHbX1%2BVJYc7-Zn2v60qnihKrc%2BWKMgt96Gg1-SVF4rKZtq29g@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote=
:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The first thing to try is reading the handbook section on configuring
>>> X at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html - specifically
>>> try running
>>>
>>> Xorg -configure
>>>
>>> as root to get a basic xorg.conf file that you can then tweak
>>>
>>> Once you have this working, you may like to try the binary nvidia
>>> driver available from
>>> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=3Den-uk which should
>>> provide the all the features of the graphics card
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>

>> Been there! =A0Done that! =A0 Makes no difference. =A0X hangs and return=
>> screen with many lines in colors but X does not work correctly. =A0So
>> thanks for advice, but no that does not help. =A0Maybe what do I have to
>> lose, I should try to rebuild system or reinstall to see if it makes a
>> difference?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antonio
>
> 'Does not work correctly' covers everything from the background the
> wrong colour to the mouse being inverted and everything inbetween.
>
> I've skimmed the thread, (apologies if I've missed it), but I haven't
> yet seen your Xorg log or your config file. Almost every graphics card
> should work with VESA at a minimum.

I have no Xorg.conf file as it is not needed anymore.  I tried to rebuild i=
t,
# Xorg -configure

process hangs and returns colors on the screen :(

> With an ancient graphics 'card' like a 6050, x11/nvidia-driver is the
> wrong driver, you want x11/nvidia-driver-173. However, the 173 series
> drivers do not support amd64 IIRC.
>
> With logs someone may be able to help you, without logs its just
> shouting out ideas why your X11 installation isn't working.
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

I can't attach Xorg.0.log, I know which driver to use, as I have X
working correctly with Linux(Slackware) on that same machine[another
hard drive].  It is just that I have no way of saving logs or posting
information without taking a picture, I would to put all doubts away.
As of know I will rebuild world, install new kernel remove all ports
and start from scratch.  If I can't get it to work with a fresh start.
 I will wait for BETA 3 or an RC :)  I just want to help in testing,
it is that I can't supply the information as I would like to :(

But I will keep many posted on this.

Regards,

Antonio