Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:14:40 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steve Milliner <steve@icis.qut.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   modem transmision problems??

Does anyone know (off the top of their heads) or experienced
problems with modem transmissions as follows:

/kernel: sio3: 8 more tty-level buffer overflows

- traffic consists of mail is being sent between a FBSD box and a NT box
(using exchange :>) on a permanent dialup line. Mail is queued at the
FBSD side, and then relayed on. Both boxes have the same internal modems.

I'm GUESSING that the modem is being flooded because too much mail is
being de-queued on to it at once ?? so I've made the queue time smaller to
try and stop the build up - but I'm a little perplexed as to why FBSD
buffering does not seem to be working here ... or are the modems I'm using
(latest Banksia) rubbish ??

Does anybody know if this is in fact the case ? what the root
cause of it is and how to fix it ?

thanks in advance

REGS Stephen