Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2023 19:06:28 +0100
From:      Harry <freebsd@omnilan.de>
To:        titus <titus@edc.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: u-boot-nanopi-r5c [Was: Re: 14-BETA5 panic on rk3566] https://personalbsd.org/images

On 12/19/23 18:45, titus wrote:
> u-boot can/does provide EFI api to freebsd so you can boot an aarch64
> image
> if have an rk3566 board (orange pi 3b) and i run 14.x on it
> i just built https://github.com/Kwiboo/u-boot-rockchip (mostly because
> they provided an opi3b dtb and mainline did not)

Thanks a lot!  I'll try to reproduce...
I updated the u-boot-master to 2023.10 because it includes rk3568 dts.
Mysteriously other 'end-user' images downloaded for R5C also don't boot
(nanopi-r5c_bookworm-1203.img.xz e.g.)
while DietPi_NanoPiR5S-ARMv8-Bookworm.img.xz e.g. boots fine.

I'm definitely missing some important SD layout parts...

> add CONFIG_EFI_LOADER=y to the opi3b_defconfig, build, dd, boot (bl31
> built from source, tpl from rkbin)

  Start of your line is an interesing hint:

./work/u-boot-2023.10/configs/nanopi-r5c-rk3568_defconfig lacks
CONFIG_EFI_LOADER=y...
Maybe that's all I'm missing, will try to find some time later this week
to check.

Thanks a lot,

-harry